I sold the 87 Cab because I had fallen in love with the new Targa GTS. It didn’t take long after the old car was driven away for me to secure the replacement. What can I say, I heal quickly 🙂 My local dealer had an allocation for a Targa GTS and I jumped on it. I spent weeks debating the options, the color, I spent countless hours on the Porsche Configurator. Red? Blue? GTS Interior? Sport or Sport Plus seats? Ceramic breaks? Blue? Red? Finally I stopped the madness and made up my damn mind! This is the configuration:
- 2016 Targa 4 GTS
- Carmine Red (special color released for the GTS)
- Full Leather Interior (black)
- Carmine Red Interior Accents
- PDK (dual clutch automatic)
- Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
- 18 Way Sport Plus Seats
Here are a few stock photos and photos from the 3D Porsche configurator that I spent so much time in:
Porsche gives you a lot of details on the process when you order a custom spec car so I’ve been tracking each and every step. I think being able to track everything makes the wait take even longer!
- 6/10 – finalized the order
- 6/19 – vehicle entered the body shop
- 6/26 – vehicle build completion
- 6/30 – vehicle on board the Triton Leader and left the port of Emden Germany
Since then I have been tracking the ship as it made its way across the world. Germany. Denmark. England. Puerto Rico. Currently on its way to the Panama Canal and then on to San Diego where it will be trucked up to Seattle! Hopefully just a few more weeks to go before I get to turn the key for the first time!